Linden Lab are moving Second Life from their own servers onto the Amazon Cloud – a process known as “Cloud Uplift”. This will take place over an extended period during 2020. Some regions are already operating “In the Cloud” on the “Aditi” Second Life test grid. See this Blake Sea is now up on Aditi – Second Life Blog Post.
Inara Pey, as often, has provided very helpful blog posts on the Cloud Uplift and her testing with her extensive range of vehicles to try out region crossing to see if that is improved.
- Blake Sea inthe Cloud on Aditi – Inara Pey Blog Post 21-Jul-2020
- Second Life Region Crossings Update – Inara Pey Blog Post 13-Aug-2020
Some Entry points on the Aditi test grid where boats and seaplanes, etc. can be rezzed to test are:
- Blake Sea – Half Hitch (secondlife://Aditi/secondlife/Blake%20Sea%20-%20Half%20Hitch/119/45/22)
- Blake Sea – Japan (secondlife://Aditi/secondlife/Blake%20Sea%20-%20Japan/207/248/22)
- Blake Sea – Beagle (secondlife://Aditi/secondlife/Blake%20Sea%20-%20Beagle/207/208/13)
- Blake Sea – Mainbrace (secondlife://Aditi/secondlife/Blake%20Sea%20-%20Mainbrace/211/241/16)
Blake Sea – Atlantic (secondlife://Aditi/secondlife/Blake%20Sea%20-%20Atlantic/245/219/16)
Supercar on Blake Sea on Aditi in the Cloud
Supercar looks fine in the Cloud and region crossing looks good. I deliberately flew into a region on a corner with void beyond, and not surprisingly found myself ejected with my vehicle safely returned to my “Lost and Found” folder. Supercar is rumoured to be capable of flight at very high altitudes at Mach 5. Other aspects of the test are “CLASSIFIED” 🙂
Region Crossing Improvements on Agni (Main Grid) and Aditi (Beta Grid)
Whoosh! What’s Up with Region Crossings? – April Linden Blog Post 13-Aug-2020